Web Application Testing
What is the purpose of web testing?
The modern website is a complex mix of technologies designed to provide a streamlined user experience. This user experience must be presented across a variety of platforms including a myriad of web browsers and mobile devices. To help ensure that your website is of a high caliber on all levels, various web application testing methodologies should be incorporated to find weaknesses in usability, functionality, performance, and browser compatibility.
What kinds of Testing can nResult perform on my product?
Using nResult ‘s vast array of hardware and operating systems, your website can be validated using virtually any combination of web browsers on any supported platforms.
By performing browser compatibility, you open your site up to the broadest base of users possible. Many internet users favor one browser over another or one operating system over another. If sites aren’t compatible with their browser and operating system combination, they will often attempt to locate a competitive site that is.
READ MORE about Compatibility Testing
Mobile Platform Testing
nResult offers testing capabilities for all major mobile based platforms including:
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Android (Smartphone, Tablet)
- Windows Phone
Using a variety of tools nResult can provide repeatable automated testing solutions in conjunction with nResult engineers. This blend of automation and hands on testing allows nResult engineers to focus on the tasks not suited to automation.
How does your offering stack up against your competitors’? nResult can compare your site or product against the competitors that you specify and give you a report comparing them all. How do you compare in usability, features, or compatibility? This information can be incredibly useful when designing and testing your product.
READ MORE about Competitive Analysis
Modern web sites have turned into massive software projects. nResult ‘s experts will test every aspect of your site, including:
- Data validation
- User input testing
- URL validation
- Dynamic content testing
How does your application fare against an attempted hacker? Have you left them useful clues, which can be used to gain access to your site? Is your data safe? These are some of the questions that we consider while testing your application’s security concerns.
READ MORE about Security Testing
Usability and User Experience
Keeping usability and the user experience of your site in mind can be difficult during development. Do all of your pages make sense to an end-user? An application or website can be appalling to attempt to navigate if you don’t understand how it is put together.
Many sites make the all-too-common error of “too many mouse-clicks.” Internet users are a fickle group, and if they can’t find the information that they’re looking for within a few clicks they will often look for another source. At best, they will plod through a badly designed site, find the information, and leave feeling dissatisfied.
W3C HTML Compliance
The compliance of the HTML data displayed to the user is one of the biggest determining factors in cross-platform browser compatibility. Ensuring that your product generates compliant HTML decreases the effort needed to maintain a single look and feel no matter what it is viewed with and also reduces the likelihood of display issues.
nResult is closely following the evolution of HTML5 and providing up to date testing services to verify your web site meets the latest standards. nResult provides testing across all browsers that support HTML5 including:
- Internet Explorer
Services offered by nResult:
- Accessibility TestingWith accessibility testing, nResult ensures that your software or hardware product is accessible and effective for those with disabilities.
- Compatibility TestingMake sure your software applications and hardware devices function correctly with all relevant operating systems and with computing environments.
- Interoperability TestingMake sure your software applications and hardware devices function correctly with all other products in the market.
- Competitive AnalysisStack up next to your competitors with a full competitive analysis report.
- Functionality TestingVerify that your product or website meets its intended specifications and functional requirements.
- Performance TestingEnsure that your software/web application or website is equipped to handle anticipated and increased network traffic with adequate performance testing. Performance Testing includes Load Testing and Benchmarking.
- Localization TestingMake certain that your localized product blends flawlessly with the native language and culture.
- Medical Device TestingnResult provides solutions for complying with challenging and expensive testing requirements for your medical device.
- Certification TestingAdd instant credibility to your product from one of the most trusted names in testing.
- Security TestingTest your product for common security vulnerabilities; gain piece of mind in an insecure world.